WWU students can find their inner leaders during upcoming Project Leadership Week
The "Leadership for What? Alumni and Parents Talk About Leadership" event takes place from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 23, on the Western Washington University campus. The event, which is open to all students, will feature a range of accomplished alumni and parents describing their leadership journeys and their work in the world making change in business and industry, internationally and locally.
The keynote speaker is a CEO of a local banking and finance institution. The closing speakers are in the administration of President Obama.
For the full schedule of Saturday's event, visit the event's Facebook page.
The event is a kickoff to Project Leadership Week, which begins with a leadership lock-in on Saturday night filled with games, food, speakers, movies and the works. The lock-in will get attendees prepared for the week to come of afternoon sessions (So What?) and build up to the evening sessions (Now What?). These sessions will be filled with speakers, information on how to find the leader within and the steps to follow afterward. Project Leadership Week takes place from Jan. 23 to 28.
Leadership Lock-in at the Wade King Student Recreation Center 9 p.m. to 9 a.m.
"Deal With It! You're a Leader Whether you Like it or Not." 11 a.m. to noon, Viking Union Room 567
Campus Activities Showcase!!! (Winter Info Fair) 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Viking Union Multipurpose Room
"It starts with a vision..." Goal Setting & Life Management - Noon to 1 p.m., Viking Union Room 567
Be Leader on Campus and get paid too - 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Viking Union Multipurpose Room
- Group Facilitation Skills - 11 a.m. to noon Viking Union Room 567
- How to Network with Professors - Noon to 1 p.m. Viking Union Room 567
- Facilitation Bootcamp (Improve your facilitation skills with help from the EDGE Program) - Noon to 3 p.m. Viking Union Multipurpose Room
- Leading with Diverse Groups - 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Academic Instructional Center West Room 210
- Marketing Your Skills with a Leadership E-folio - 11 a.m. to noon Viking Union Room 567
- Using Social Media to Benefit Your Organization - Noon to 1 p.m. Viking Union Room 567
- Adding Creativityto Your Leadership & Thinking Outside the Box - 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Academic Instructional Center West Room 210
- Avoiding the Burnout: A New Way to Manage Your Energy - 11 a.m. to noon and noon to 1 p.m. Viking Union Room 567
- Majors Fair (Your academic career preps you for changing the world) - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Viking Union Multipurpose Room
- Closing Speaker: Dr. Joe Garcia, Distinguished Professor in Leadership & Director of WWU's "Karen W. Morse Institute for Leadership" - 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Viking Union Multipurpose Room
For more info on the speakers and this leadership prequel to Project Leadership Week, e-mail Joanne DeMark at email@example.com or call (360) 650-4187. Register for the event at http://www.wwu.edu/dos/leadership/leadership_lectures.shtml.