EESP provides summer, fall offerings for youth
Extended Education and Summer Programs at Western Washington University is offering a number of community classes and events this summer and fall, including youth sailing classes, the Western Arts Preparatory Academy, violin classes, theater classes and graduate school preparation.
See below for more information:
- WWU Youth Programs offers Beginning Sailing on Lake Whatcom - Western Washington University’s WWU Lakewood Jr. Sailing Camp is for youth ages 11-18 and sessions take place from 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. on July 11-15 or July 18-22. Young sailors will learn how sails work, and practice tacking and gybing, capsizing and recovery, docking and knot tying. Additional sessions, levels and Windsurfing classes are available. Visit the Web for details www.wwu.edu/youth or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 650-3308.
- WWU Western Arts Preparatory Academy for Youth, Grades K-12 - This fall, Western Washington University’s College of Fine and Performing Arts will host the Western arts Preparatory Academy (WAPA) interdisciplinary arts program for youth. There are various different options available for students, ages K-12, in the community and on the WWU campus, including dance classes in creative dance and ballet. Students will learn to tell stories through dance, understand body awareness, build strength, and have fun. Classes begin in September. Enroll now to secure a space in one of these exciting dance programs. Find out more about the Western Arts Preparatory Academy fall options on the website, www.wwu.edu/wapa or contact (360) 650-3308 or email@example.com.
- WWU Western Arts Preparatory Academy Suzuki Violin Classes - Western Arts Preparatory Academy offers Suzuki Violin instruction for youth on Western's campus, which involves teacher, child and parent in the learning process. Beginners must be between the ages of 4-7, but once in the program can continue through age 15. Violin instruction by Lisa Humphrey will include private and group lessons. For more information on the Suzuki method, please visit the Suzuki Association of the Americas, www.suzukiassociation.org/teachers/twinkler/
- Graduate School Test Preparation Online Courses - Western Washington University offers online classes to help you prepare for the GRE, GMAT or LSAT exams. Improve your test score with self-guided, study at your own pace classes. Register by Sept. 24 to start classes in October. Visit the Web for details www.ExtendedEd.wwu.edu or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 650-3308.
- WWU Western Arts Preparatory Academy Saturday Youth Theatre Class and Production for Youth - WWU’s Western Arts Preparatory Academy announces a Saturday youth theatre class for grades 3-5. The program is an acting class and play production where students learn theatre skills through exciting, educational games and hands on experience. Classes begin on October 1 in Western’s Old Main Theatre. Details are on the web. More information can be found at http://www.wwu.edu/wapa or call (360) 650-3308.