Employee Wellness Program to offer new Power Aqua class winter quarter
Mary MacDonald teaches a water aerobics class for Western Washington University faculty and staff members in the Carver Gymnasium pool during spring quarter 2010. File photo by David Gonzales | University Communications intern
The Employee Wellness Program at Western Washington University is offering a few new classes beginning winter quarter. One of these classes, Power Aqua, features a free demo day (Thursday, Jan. 6) on which WWU faculty and staff can try the class free.
The 35-minute class takes place on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Carver Gymnasium Pool.
The class focuses on both the cardiovascular and strength benefits that can be gained in the swimming pool. Aqua exercise has little impact on the joints, and heads always remain above water.
The class is suitable for people of all fitness levels. If you're having pain, give moving in the water a try and see how different it can be! These sessions will use resistance tools that include buoyant water weights and noodles.
Attendees are encouraged to wear a swim suit that stays in place. Participants may bring and use their own water shoes and gloves.
Cost: $60 per quarter
Time: Tuesday and Thursdays from 12:05 to 12:40 p.m.
Class Dates: Jan. 6 to March 10
Instructor: Laurie Kaden
Information on other winter quarter classes:
- 12-1 MWF Whole Body Fitness with Becky, Laurie & Geliza *New structure!
- 12-1 MWF Lap Swim in Carver Pool
- 1-2 MWF Lap Swim in Carver Pool
- 5:30-6:30PM MW Evening Iyengar Yoga with Nancy *New class in the evening!
- 12-1 TR Fitness Class at 32nd Street with Kaylee
- 12-1 MF Hatha Yoga at 32nd Street with Irene
- 1-2 MF Hatha Yoga at 32nd Street with Irene
- 12-1 W Zumba at 32nd Street with Shayna
- 12-1 W Advanced Cardio Conditioning with Kaylee
- 7-9 F Salsa for Couples with Kyle and Kayla
Other Employee Wellness Program information:
- The Employee Wellness Program is partnering with the Center for Performance Excellence; sign up for the CPE's Peak Performance class today. More information is available online at the CPE's website.
- View the Employee Wellness Programs Page to see detailed class descriptions.
- Don't forget to check out other free services offered through the Employee Wellness Program, such as one-on-one wellness consultations with Kaylee Nightingale.