Employees can increase life insurance without medical review through March 31
The special re-enrollment period for life insurance has been extended for an extra month; the new deadline is March 31.
Faculty and staff who were enrolled in any supplemental life insurance before Feb. 1, 2012, and
- are enrolled in the employee supplemental life insurance with less than $250,000 ($100,000 for those 60 or older) of coverage, and/or
- are enrolled in the spouse/state-registered domestic partner insurance with less than $50,000 of coverage
may be able to add as much as $50,000 more in employee supplemental life insurance without medical review and have a spouse/state-registered domestic partner add as much as $25,000 in coverage.
To increase coverage, employees must complete the Life and AD&D Insurance Special Re-enrollment Form and print, sign and submit it to Benefits Services at mailstop 9054 (Humanities Building Room 203) by March 31, 2012.
To verify coverage amounts, call Human Resources at (360) 650-3774 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following can be taken advantage of at any time:
Those who are not eligible for the opportunity above or who want more coverage than is allowed without medical review can now apply for higher coverage amounts. This opportunity can be done at any time but also requires medical review and approval from ReliaStar Life. To increase coverage, employees must complete the Life and AD&D Insurance Special Re-enrollment Form and the Life Insurance Evidence of Insurability Form. Print, sign and submit both forms to Benefits Services at mailstop 9054 (Humanities 203).
For more information, check out the links below or contact Human Resources at (360) 650-3774.
- Life Insurance Special Reenrollment Workshop - PowerPoint
- Enroll In or Increase Supplemental Life Insurance Guide
- Increase in Coverage - How to Round to Nearest $10,000
- Public Employees Benefits Board (PEBB) Website: www.pebb.hca.wa.gov
- WWU Benefits Services: www.benefits.wwu.edu