Feb. 28 is deadline for Simpson Bridging Award nominations
Nominations are now being accepted for the Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award, which includes $1,000 for the winner. The award recognizes and supports efforts to create bridges and forge new paths that others may follow and build upon in turn.
During his 25 years working at Western as a professor and administrator, Carl H. Simpson was a man dedicated to bridging intellectual, interpersonal and administrative worlds. With kindness, enthusiasm and creativity, he sought to unite divisions within academia, faculty, staff, students and administrative campus life. Carl helped people come together and facilitated creative process in a variety of settings. He acknowledged people’s strengths and encouraged them to trust themselves, helping people find and give their best.
This award is to benefit a WWU staff, faculty member, or student, who has demonstrated a remarkable ability or innovative approach to bridging some aspect of academic or campus life, in this way bettering the Western community. This might include a new style of teaching to improve the quality of education, interdisciplinary study, intercampus diplomacy, supportive service, or mentoring of others.
Nominations are due Feb. 28. To submit a nomination, use the form attached below.
The following criteria and policies are used for selection:
- No person shall receive this award more than once.
- Only winners will be announced. Candidates’ names shall not be published.
- Nominees will be asked if they wish to be considered, and, if so, will be required to submit supporting materials to the evaluation committee.
- The evaluation committee may devise additional/alternative criteria and/or process upon announcement.
- The evaluation committee will evaluate all material and make a selection according to its best judgment.
|Nomination form - Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award||33.01 KB|