Invitations sent for opening convocation Sept. 18
Invitations have been emailed to all employees for the 2013 breakfast and opening convocation, which is scheduled for Wednesday, Sept. 18.
Breakfast is complimentary, but reservations are required. The dining hour is 8 to 9 a.m. in the Viking Commons; that's followed by opening convocation and the presentation of faculty and staff awards, from 9:10 to 10:15 a.m. on the PAC Mainstage.
2013 President’s Exceptional Effort Award recipients
- Outstanding Faculty Leadership: Kevin Leonard, History
- Diversity Achievement Award: Steven Sulkin, Shannon Point Marine Center
- Carl H. Simpson Bridging Award: Aysha Kloub, Fairhaven College
- Outstanding Classified Staff: Susan Cahill, Woodring College of Education
- Professional Staff Award for Excellence: David Davidson, Border Policy Research
- Philip E. Shape, Jr. Community Engagement Award: David Willett, Facilities Development,/Capital Budget
- Team Recognition Award: TBA