Nominations are invited for the Outstanding Scholarship Award
An award of $1,000 is presented annually by Western Washington University President Bruce Shepard at the Spring Awards Ceremony to a WWU faculty member from one of the following: the College of Business and Economics, the College of Fine and Performing Arts, Fairhaven College of Interdisciplinary Studies, Huxley College of the Environment and Woodring College of Education, selected by the Research Advisory Committee and the president as having made an outstanding contribution to scholarship.
Criteria and procedures for the Outstanding Scholarship Award are as follows:
- Candidates must be associate or full professors who have been employed by WWU for at least two consecutive years.
- Nominations must be made by a colleague at WWU--e.g., another professor, a department chair, a dean.
- The scholarship that prompts the nomination should have been conducted, or substantially undertaken, while the person was on the faculty at WWU.
- The nominator needs to submit only a letter of nomination and a recent vita of the nominee.
- The Research Advisory Committee will convene to review the preliminary nominations for an initial screening and to select those who are viable candidates. The nominator will then be asked to check with the candidate on her/his willingness to be nominated and to put together the necessary documentation. The initial screening by the RAC will save the effort of putting together the documentation for those who are not viable given the pool of nominees in that particular year.
Nominations are due in the RSP by Friday, Feb. 18.
An individual may receive this award only once (as with the Olscamp Research award).