Nominations for WWU team award due May 25
Nominations for the Team Recognition Award at Western Washington University are being accepted through May 25.
The award recognizes a group or team of staff and faculty (and possibly students) at Western who exemplify cooperation, collaboration and open communication. The group receiving the award must comprise supportive team players who worked in partnership on a project that significantly advanced departmental goals and/or university mission.
To be considered, the team must meet the following criteria:
- Contribute to a group effort having a significant impact on departmental goals and/or University Mission
- Build effective collaborative relationships across different groups or departments within the organization
- Work to reach agreements while considering multiple perspectives
- Create a team environment that promotes cooperation, communication, trust, and respect for differences
- Develop a partnership that seeks input and involvement of those affected by decisions
- Place team goals above personal goals while achieving a distinctive result or product
All nominations must be submitted via the online nomination form by 5 p.m. Friday, May 25. Nominations may be made by any university faculty or staff member. The team of faculty and/or staff may also include students.
The president, provost and vice presidents will review all nominations and make the final selection.