Power down for the Thanksgiving break
Published: Wed, 11/21/2012 - 11:22
If your office, lab, or workstation will be vacant for even one day during the upcoming holiday break, please take the following actions to reduce campus energy consumption.
- Close your windows
- Close curtains, lower blinds
- Turn off and unplug your computer and monitor
- Shut off power strips
- Unplug all appliances not plugged into power strips, including speakers, copiers, fax machines, coffee makers, microwave and toaster ovens, water coolers, etc.
- Leave refrigerators plugged in, or defrost and clean before unplugging
- Shut fume hood sashes (in labs)
- Leave your thermostat at its normal setting. Building thermostats and radiators are monitored by the FM Energy Management Center, no localized adjustments are needed
- Tightly turn off faucets and report any leaks to FM work control 360-650-3420
- Turn off your lights
- Remind students and colleagues to power down before leaving campus
- Turn off lights and shut windows in unoccupied rooms