Registration open for summer faculty and staff wellness offerings
Published: Fri, 06/01/2012 - 08:54
Space is still available in the summer exercise classes from the Employee Wellness Program at Western Washington University. Go online to register.
Changes for summer programming
- Zumba will be offered two days per week, on Tuesday and Thursdays.
- Pilates and the walking group will be on a Monday/Wednesday schedule.
- Campus hatha yoga, pilates and tai chi will be held on campus in Canada House and the Old Main Solarium.
Exercise class offerings
- Evening Iyengar-Style Yoga with Nancy in Humanities Building Room 210, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- Tai Chi with Nathan in Canada House and the Old Main Solarium, noon to 1 p.m. Fridays
- Humanities Hatha Yoga with Irene in HU 210, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays and Fridays
- Campus Hatha Yoga with Irene in Canada House and the Old Main Solarium, noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Mat Pilates with Shannon in Canada House and the Old Main Solarium, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- Zumba with Maria in Carver Gymnasium Gym A, noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Whole Body Fitness with Laurie in Carver Gym A and outside locations, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
- Fitness Class with Kaylee in Carver Gym C and outside locations, noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Advanced Cardio Conditioning with Kaylee at outside locations, noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays
- Walking Group with Carly at outside locations, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays
Other Program Information
- Lunch 'n' Learn, noon July 27 in Academic Instructional Center Room 302: Scott Paglia will speak on the topic of acupuncture.
- Employee Development Trainings are free to all Western employees.
- Nancy Metcalf, one of the Employee Wellness Program's instructors, has a number of yoga videos online.
- The Employee Wellness Program offers other free services, too, such as one-on-one wellness consultations with Kaylee Nightingale.
- The employee perks page lists other services and discounts are available to Western employees.
- The Faculty & Staff Wellness Program won a few awards this year.