Save electricity by powering down before you leave
Published: Fri, 11/09/2012 - 11:30
If you will be away from the office for the long weekend, help reduce Western Washington University's standing electricity load (also known as power drain or vampire load):
Before you leave, please
- Turn off computers, monitors and printers.
- Unplug chargers and small appliances (but not the refrigerator).
- Leave the thermostat at its normal setting.
- Close the windows and shades.
- Turn off lights and shut windows in unoccupied rooms.
- Remind colleagues and students to "power down" before leaving.
Enjoy the weekend!