Save electricity by powering down over Thanksgiving break
Before you leave for the Thanksgiving holiday, remember to power down.
Faculty, staff and students can help Western Washington University reduce its standing electricity load by:
- turning off computers, monitors and printers
- unplugging chargers and small appliances (but not the refrigerator)
- leaving the thermostat at its normal setting
- closing all windows and shades
- turning off lights and shutting windows in unoccupied rooms
And a few other things to remember:
- Water your plants
- Remind your colleagues and/or fellow students to power down before leaving
- Enjoy the break!
Small actions make a difference.