WWU's Ralph Munro seminars being broadcast on TVW
TVW will continue to air the 2012 Ralph Munro Seminars that took place June 18-22 at North Seattle Community College and June 25-29 on the Western Washington University campus in Bellingham.
Air times and topics discussed will be:
- Thursday, July 12, at noon: "Political Reporting: A Challenging Landscape"
- Friday, July 13, at noon: "Lobbying: Influence and Access"
Monday, July 16:
- Noon: "Budgeting in Challenging Times"
- 8:30 p.m.: "Political Influence: Inside the Process"
Tuesday, July 17:
- 7:30 p.m.: "Higher Education: Legislative Challenges"
- 9:30 p.m.: Rob McKenna on Higher Ed Issues
Wednesday, July 18:
- Noon: "Political Influence: Inside the Process"
- 8:30 p.m.: "Initiatives and Referenda: Good for Washington?"
Thursday, July 19:
- Noon: "Political Reporting: A Challenging Landscape"
- 8 p.m.: "Budgeting in Challenging Times"
Friday, July 20:
- Noon: "Lobbying: Influence and Access"
- 7 p.m.: "Political Reporting: A Challenging Landscape"
TVW's broadcast schedule is available online. The sessions will also be available for viewing at any time on TVW's website by entering “Munro” in the page’s search box. TVW is Washington State’s public TV network.
The seminars, sponsored by Western’s Ralph Munro Institute, aredevoted to promoting civic literacy within secondary education and the public at large. It offers students, teachers and community members an opportunity to work with professors, activists and political leaders to learn how local, state and national politics develop. The institute and seminar are named in honor of Ralph Munro, a WWU alumnus and trustee and Washington’s former secretary of state.
For more information, contact Western Washington University’s Office of University Communications at (360) 650-3350.