10 x 12 Program encourages WWU to power down for summer
If your office or workstation will be vacant for even one day during break or summer quarter, please take the following actions to reduce your energy use:
- Shut your windows
- Shut curtains/lower your blinds
- Turn off and unplug your computer and your separate monitor
- Shut off power strips
- Unplug all appliances not plugged into power strips, including speakers, printers, copiers, fax machines, coffee makers, microwave and toaster ovens, water coolers, space heaters, etc.
- Shut fume hood sashes (in lab buildings)
- Leave your thermostat at its normal setting. Building thermostats and radiators are monitored by the FM Energy Management Center, no localized adjustments are needed.
- Tightly turn off faucets and report any leaks
- Water your plants
- Turn off your lights
- Have a safe and happy break!
What else can you do?
- Remind students and colleagues to power down before leaving campus
- Turn off lights and shut windows in unoccupied rooms
The 10 x 12 Program has been created to help coordinate, educate and implement utility reduction throughout campus. The goal is to see a 10-percent reduction in electricity, natural gas and water consumption and landfill waste production by the end of 2012. Please join the WWU community in making an effort to conserve campus resources.
|PowerDown Summer 2011 poster||90.92 KB|